Learn to Glide at Bicester Airfield!
Based at Bicester Airfield, just north of Oxford, Bicester Gliding Centre is the
premier gliding centre in Oxfordshire. The club is open to anyone
interested in learning to glide.
- Seven days a week, all year round
- All training to the BGA standards and syllabus
- Training courses based on your personal needs
- Great clubhouse and friendly atmosphere
- An ideal base for visiting glider pilots seeking a cross-country week
or extra training
- Conveniently placed for trips to Oxford or for exploring the Oxfordshire
and Buckinghamshire countryside.
- Close to Banbury, Buckingham, Didcot, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Bedford,
Reading, Aylesbury. Swindon, Birmingham and London via the M40 (just an
hour's drive from north London, about 90 minutes from central and south
London, 45 minutes drive from Birmingham).
- Bicester North station (only 0.8 miles from the airfield) has a direct
rail link (about 48 minutes journey) from London Marylebone, and also
from Birmingham Moor Street - about one hour for the journey
- Learn to glide - almost anyone can!
Week long gliding courses
Take a week-long course, the ideal way to start your
adventures in gliding!
Some nice images, taken by a recent visitor to Bicester Gliding Centre.
Videos of gliding at Bicester:
Introduction to soaring and general flying videos from a Bicester member .
Bicester Gliding Centre were very pleased to have been awarded a substantial grant from Sports England to help purchase a brand new Skylaunch winch. The new winch has greatly improved our launch rate over the last year to the benefit of our members.
Bicester Gliding Centre is one of a number of clubs accredited by the British Gliding Association as a Junior Gliding Centre and actively promotes gliding for the young via our Cadet and Junior membership programme.
Oxford University Gliding Club are co-located with us at Bicester with over 50 members.
Our Online shop for trial lesson purchases is the set of pages under Lessons/Courses
in the menu!